FLU SHOT CLINIC
Hazle Drugs annually conducts flu vaccine clinics during the flu season. We have a certified immunization pharmacist on staff so you never have to wait or make an appointment.
Please contact us for dates and times regarding our flu shot clinics, the price for the flu shot, and insurance coverage.
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent this illness is by getting a flu vaccination each fall. Washing your hands often can also help in preventing the spread of viruses.
The availability of the Influenza Vaccine supply may vary throughout the flu season. To ensure that those at highest risk of complications from influenza receive a vaccination, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends certain “high risk” groups be given priority for vaccination. They include:
- Children aged 6 -23 months
- People aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- Residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- People aged 2-64 years with chronic health conditions
- Women who will be pregnant during the flu season
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
Individuals who should not receive the flu vaccine include:
- Anyone with an allergy to chicken, egg or egg based serum
- Anyone who is ill with a fever should delay vaccination until the fever and other temporary symptoms have subsided,
- Anyone who has had a severe reaction to a flu shot in the past
- Anyone who previously developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome in the 6 weeks after a flu shot.
*Please consult with your health care provider to see if you should receive the flu vaccine.*
See Our “Special Events” Section For Flu Shot Clinic
Dates And Times