Hazle Drugs conducts flu vaccine clinics in store and at many locations around the area. We have certified immunization pharmacists on staff so you never have to wait or make an appointment.
Please contact us for dates and times regarding our flu shot clinics.
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that spreads around the United States every year. Usually between October and May. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent this illness is by getting a flu vaccination each fall. The flu virus is spread mainly by coughing, sneezing and close contact. Washing your hands often can also help in preventing the spread of viruses.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommend everyone aged 6 months and up receive a flu vaccine each flu season.
Flu is more dangerous for some people, including:
- Children aged 6 -23 months
- People aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- Residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- People aged 2-64 years with chronic health conditions
- Women who will be pregnant during the flu season
- Health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
Individuals who should not receive the flu vaccine include:
- Anyone with an allergy to chicken, egg or egg based serum
- Anyone who is ill with a fever should delay vaccination until the fever and other temporary symptoms have subsided,
- Anyone who has had a severe reaction to a flu shot in the past
- Anyone who previously developed Guillain-Barre Syndrome in the 6 weeks after a flu shot.
Hazle Drugs offers both the Quadrivalent vaccine (protecting against 4 strains of flu virus) and the High Dose Vaccine for adults 65 years and older.
Please consult with your health care provider to see if you should receive the flu vaccine.
Protect your Office from the effects of flu season
Between employee sick days and decrease in day-to-day productivity, the flu could end up costing your business in more ways than you realize. To help manage and reduce the negative effects of flu season, consider signing up for a corporate flu shot clinic.
The flu shot is a convenient and affordable way to help preserve employee health and contain the spread of inner-office illness. Interested in scheduling a corporate flu shot clinic with Hazle Health? Call us today at (570) 454-2476 and we’ll schedule an onsite visit at your location.